Join Good Samaritan Healthcare as a Healthcare Assistant and enjoy the experience of working in different wards and dealing with a variety of patients.
You will also enjoy the benefits of competitive pay rates, working in a facility close to home, professional training and development, as well as an abundance of shifts that are available during the week.
- Basic Hygiene : Almost all assignments will require you to provide a patient assistance with a their basic hygiene.
- Making Beds : You will be required to complete domestic tasks like making beds and changing linen.
- Serving Meals : Patients will receive meals throughout the day which you will be responsible for serving.
Requirements for this role
- A minimum of two years Hospital or Community caregiving experience, or
- Be a Student Nurse with a minimum of two clinical placements completed, or
- Be an International Registered Nurse with a minimum of 12 months NZ based eldercare experience
- Current CPR training
- Health screen tests (Hep B, Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Chicken Pox, Quantiferon TB)
- 2 referees from previous employment
- Valid visa for employment
Clients we work with
- All three Auckland DHBs
- MidCentral DHB
- Private Surgical Hospitals
Whether a caregiver, a nurse, a community support worker or working in a more specialised field, Geneva Healthcare recognises the need for you to constantly refresh and update your skills. To assist you with this, we provide a wide range of courses including CPR, Patient Handling, Challenging Behaviours to name a few.